Have you seen the movie Julie and Julia? Or read the book? Julie Powell became an internet celebrity with her 2004 blog recording her yearlong adventure cooking every recipe in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I am taking on a similar challenge, only I am blogging my way through a very healthy cookbook! And I will learn to master the art of healthy cooking! The book is called Eat For Health by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, M.D. I will cook every recipe start to finish in four weeks just as they are laid out in the book. I will write about the recipes, show you pictures, and tell you how my SAD (Standard American Diet) eating, carnivorous husband likes them too. (See archives below.) He is behind me 100%!!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Eat to Live/ Day 7

Yesterday for lunch I made the Broccoli and Red Pepper Soup from Eat to Live and neither of us liked this one at all. d:O( d On the bright side it was very easy to make--but just not enough going on. It had a strange flavor--I think we did not like the vinegar. I'm not even sure what you could add to cheer it up a bit! I may try it again because it was very easy to make and very healthy! Just didn't like the flavors. But here is the pic and I know we will have better luck tomorrow!!


d

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are you? Hope all is well, miss your wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

Hello, I'm new to your blog! Do you post the recipes at all ?

sarevalo15 said...

I was wondering the same... can we get the recipes? Looks great, tks!