Have you seen the movie Julie and Julia? Or read the book? Julie Powell became an internet celebrity with her 2004 blog recording her yearlong adventure cooking every recipe in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I am taking on a similar challenge, only I am blogging my way through a very healthy cookbook! And I will learn to master the art of healthy cooking! The book is called Eat For Health by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, M.D. I will cook every recipe start to finish in four weeks just as they are laid out in the book. I will write about the recipes, show you pictures, and tell you how my SAD (Standard American Diet) eating, carnivorous husband likes them too. (See archives below.) He is behind me 100%!!


Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 27/ Phase 4/ Week 4

Life took over yesterday (we sold artwork and had to deliver! hooray!) and so I missed making half the recipes. Plus there are a few other recipes I missed here and there and I want to finish strong!! So...I am adding an extra day (Day 29) to my little project! After Eat for Health I will be moving on to Chef AJ's DVD, Healthy Made Delicious. It is a 3-day project filled with yummy all-vegan recipes!! That will start Monday, January 18th! See you right here!!

Yesterday's menu:
Breakfast:
Creamy Greeny Blended Salad
(See Day 29)

d
Lunch:
Mishmash Salad with Orange Cashew Dressing
Spinach and Brussels Sprouts Delight
(See Day 29)
a
Dinner:
Raw Veggies and Tofu Ranch Dip
Filet of Sole with Mango Salsa
Chard and Vegetable Medley
I like how Dr. Fuhrman's Eat for Health plan slowly weans you off of animal products and allows fish once in a while (if you choose). Otherwise, he always gives you a vegan substitute. But Haze and I both were very excited to be having fish last night! We both enjoyed it very much! Haze said that along with the Chard Medley, it was a meal that you would see in a gourmet restaurant! It was a perfect combination!! A+ on the whole meal!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for staying with it!!!! Losing all the weight you both have lost is impressive. Keep going but keep it OFF!
Love,
Mom