Have you seen the movie Julie and Julia? Or read the book? Julie Powell became an internet celebrity with her 2004 blog recording her yearlong adventure cooking every recipe in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I am taking on a similar challenge, only I am blogging my way through a very healthy cookbook! And I will learn to master the art of healthy cooking! The book is called Eat For Health by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, M.D. I will cook every recipe start to finish in four weeks just as they are laid out in the book. I will write about the recipes, show you pictures, and tell you how my SAD (Standard American Diet) eating, carnivorous husband likes them too. (See archives below.) He is behind me 100%!!


Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day 8/ Phase 2/ Week 2

So it was the first day of Phase 2--and we made it through! I feel wonderful!! Haze's issues have still not subsided at all--he is getting a little annoyed. But he is sticking with it. In case you haven't noticed it is Christmas Eve tomorrow and so here is what we are doing... We are taking a 2-day break from Eat For Health and we will make some of the holiday recipes listed on the website. I will still post and let you know what we had and how it looked!! Here is what was on the menu for yesterday...


Breakfast:
Creamy Fruit and Berry Smoothie

The breakfast shake was dynamite!! YUM!! I have not had one of these fruit shakes with soy milk added--and wow did it taste good. A+




Lunch:
Tasty Hummus
Whole Wheat Pita with Veggies

I didn't have any pita so I used whole grain bread, toasted and spread the hummus on top. Excellent! "A"



Dinner:
Mixed baby greens
Dijon Date Salad Dressing
Quick and Creamy Vegetable Bean Soup

Haze said that the Dijon Date Salad Dressing was the best salad dressing he had ever had in his whole life!! Wow!! I thought it was very tasty too--we gave it an A+! The bean soup was fabulous and very rich with the added puréed cashews. Very tasty. We gave it an "A". We also had some leftover dip from the artichokes so we used it with steamed asparagus.










Dessert:
Supposed to be fruit but actually we made Jenna's Peach Freeze again!! YUM!!

No comments: